Ontario Catholic School Graduation Expectations
At the Edge, we recognize the unique characteristics of Ontario's Catholic Schools because we taught there for almost a decade before founding the Edge. Recognizing the opportunities that nature provides has encouraged numerous Catholic Schools to meet some of the Ontario Catholic School Graduation expecations at the Edge including:
- Developing attitudes and values founded on Catholic social teaching and acts to promote social responsibility, human solidarity and the common good.
- Reflecting on their life journey
- Presenting information and ideas clearly and honestly and with sensitivity to others in campfire dialogue and sharing
- Thinking reflectively and creatively to evaluate situations and solve problems.
- Examining, evaluating and applying knowledge of interdependent systems (physical, political, ethical, socio-economic and ecological) for the development of a just and compassionate society.
Self directed lifelong learning:
- Demonstrating a confident and positive sense of self and respect for the dignity and welfare of others.
- Applying effective communication, decision-making, problem-solving, time and resource management skills.ingExamines and reflecting on one?s personal values, abilities and aspirations influencing life?s choices and opportunities.
- Participating in leisure and fitness activities for a balanced and healthy lifestyle.
- Working effectively as an interdependent team member.
- Thinking critically about the meaning and purpose of work.
- Developing their God-given potential and make a meaningful contributions to community.
- Finding dignity, fulfillment and vocation in work contributing to community.
- Exercising Christian leadership in achieving individual and group goals.
- Witnessing Catholic social teaching by promoting equality, democracy, and solidarity for a just, peaceful and compassionate society.
- Respecting and affirming the diversity and interdependence of the world?s peoples and
- Respecting the environment and uses resources wisely contributes to the common good.